The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for the 2016 Watauga County Businesses-of-the-Year. The awards will be presented at the High Country Economic Kickoff Breakfast, Tuesday, January 24th, at Appalachian Ski Mountain. Awards are presented in the categories of both large and small business.
Nominations for these awards are being sought from Chamber members and the community at large. The awards are sponsored by the Watauga County Economic Development Commission. The 2015 award recipients were Watauga Opportunities, Inc. (large) and BooneWeather.com (small).
Those that wish to put forward a business must demonstrate the nominee’s performance in as many of the following areas as applicable:
- Staying power– a substantiated history as an established business..
- Growth and number of employees– a benchmark to judge economic impact on the area job market.
- Increase in sales and/or unit volume– an indication of continued growth.
- Innovativeness of products or service offered– illustrations of the creativity and imagination of the originator of the business and/or subsequent manager
- Response to adversity– example of problems faced by the business and the solutions taken in resolving them.
- Evidence of contributions to community-oriented projects through the use of employee time or their resources.
- Use of local resources– utilizes educational institutions, natural resources, goods, services, etc..
Nomination forms are available at the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce office located at 870. W. King St in the heart of Downtown Boone. The form can also be downloaded here. Nominations must be received by 4:30pm, Friday, January 13th.
If you have questions, please contact the Boone Area Chamber of Commerce at 828-264-2225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.