Plan of Action
- To serve as the voice of the business community in matters of public policy.
- Work with local, regional and state governmental bodies and other groups to define transportation problems, suggest solutions, set priorities and build support for implementation of projects.
- To ensure that government bodies, whose decisions affect the conduct and profitability of business, serve the High Country’s business community’s best interests
- To participate in local governmental meetings/committees/commissions which impact the local business community
- To inform and educate on policy issues which impact small business success
- Administer the Hand of Hospitality Program sponsored by the Town of Boone addressing important town issues/programs
- Organize a “Meeting the Candidates Forum” for local and state candidates as appropriate.
- Monitor/review/analyze proposed legislation which may impact small business and recommend policy positions to the Board [Source – NC Chamber]
- Schedule Town Hall Meetings – [TBD] afternoon presentation with Q&A [as available]