Current Committee Chair:
Ben McKethan, Watauga County Farm Bureau
Plan of Action
- To use member expertise and resources in the support of existing business growth and prosperity and to assist entrepreneurs and companies seeking to expand/relocate to the High Country.
- Promote the adoption and practice of sustainable development principles which foster broadly shared economic prosperity while preserving the environment for future generations.
- To initiate programs and services targeted at advancement of small business and start-ups
- To participate in community based business councils to provide value-added local services
- Watauga Economic Development Commission
- Appalachian Enterprise Center
- Caldwell Community College & Technical institute – Small Business Center
- Town of Boone Planning Commission
- To partner with tourism promotion organizations in the development of the High Country as major tourism destination
- To be a referral/distribution/communication source of business-beneficial information.
- Sponsor the annual Boone Business EXPO
- Support ‘shop local’ activities
- Sponsor community recognition awards
- Outstanding Customer Service Program
- Business of the Year Award
- Alfred Adams Award for Economic Development
- Ben Suttle Special Services Award
- Sue Wilmoth Award for Tourism Development