What We Do – Our Strategic Plan
The Chamber will:
Actively participate in enhancing the quality of education in our community.
- Promote stronger linkages between educational institutions and employers.
- Encourage expanded partnerships between business leaders and educators.
- Advocate a strong Character Education curriculum in the community schools.
- Support careers education for young people and continuous education that trains and retrains workers to provide area employers with a talented and technologically fit workforce.
- Promote workforce initiatives in partnership with the JobLink Career Center, while building awareness for “best practices” from other communities.
Promote stronger alliances and partnerships with regional communities for transportation, economic development and legislative strength.
- Support a common vision and cooperation between Watauga and its neighboring counties.
- Take a leadership role in building coalitions to foster collaborative efforts on issues related to regional transportation, economic development and legislative affairs.
- Leverage the resources of Appalachian State University to establish a unified presence in the region.
Aggressively promote the Boone area to regional, state and national audiences.
- Continue to encourage initiatives that effectively promote tourism attractions and events as well as quality of life advantages of the Boone area.
- Serve as a community news bureau, disseminating news and feature material to local, regional, state and national news media outlets, along with story ideas and leads.
- Coordinate the “Hand of Hospitality” program with the Town of Boone that promotes business development.
- Promote a creative marketing approach that seeks to establish effective packaging arrangements and strategic business alliances.
Forge strong relationships with elected officials, state agencies and the General Assembly.
- Advocate improvements to area highway, rail, air and mass transit transportation systems.
- Prepare a legislative agenda that details the Chamber’s positions on important public policy issues. Serve as a clearinghouse for information pertaining to legislative issues. Coordinate a grass roots response network.
- Provide additional opportunities for Chamber members to interact with government officials at all levels.
- Work with all political parties to place more area representatives on state boards and agencies.
Encourage consumers to Shop LOCAL
- Promote the advantages of shopping locally and regionally, and seek to differentiate the uniqueness of the Boone area as a shopping destination. Promote broad-based use of the “Chamber Cheques” program.
- Explore niche marketing to university students, visitors and summer residents.
- Educate local residents about the scope of services and products available in the region.
- Promote activities that help Chamber members to improve customer service, achieve competitive marketing advantages and become more responsive to consumer needs.
Membership Marketing Goals
- Create and promote tangible benefits and advantages for members. Promote special programming that benefits small businesses.
- Encourage participation in educational programs that provide opportunities for members to improve their profitability and serve the needs of their customers.
- Increase volunteer participation in the membership recruitment and retention processes.
- Identify and implement new programs to enhance customer satisfaction and increase non-dues revenue.
- Implement a fair-share investment schedule based on “best practices” used by targeted Chambers.
- Assure that the Chamber’s programs, services and its positions on issues are communicated to the membership, business community, elected officials and to the general public.
- Use a variety of media to build awareness of Chamber goals and activities and the benefits of membership.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area news media. Prepare and distribute news releases on Chamber accomplishments, programs and events.
- Coordinate production of the Chamber Voice/FOCUS/Relocation Guide.
- Publish the annual Membership Directory & Newcomer’s Guide.