Government Relations Plan of Action
To serve as the voice of the business community in matters of public policy.
- To ensure that government bodies, whose decisions affect the conduct and profitability of business, serve the High Country’sbusiness community’s best interests.
- To participate in local governmental meetings/committees/commissions which impact the local business community.
- To inform and educate on policy issues which impact small business success.
- Host the annual Legislative Reception to introduce newly-elected officials and acquaint them with issues of importance to the Chamber membership.
- Administer Lunch & Learn programs sponsored by Watauga County Economic Development Commission addressing important county issues/programs.
- Administer the Hand of Hospitality Program sponsored by the Town of Boone addressing important town issues/programs.
- Organize a “Meet the Candidates Forum” for local and state candidates during election years.
- Monitor/review/analyze proposed legislation which may impact small business and recommend policy positions to the Board for action.