Education Plan of Action
Provide a forum to discuss the advancement of educational issues and for business and industry to actively support education in Watauga County, providing a conduit through which ideas and suggestions can flow between educational leaders and the business community.
- Promote linkages between educational institutions and employers that are designed to advance the caliber of education/training to meet 21st century needs of area business, industry and the community, through programs such as:
- Graduation projects
- Cutting edge technology
- Imagination Library
- Participate in collaborative efforts between Watauga County Schools, the Watauga Campus of Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute and Appalachian State University.
- Support efforts on behalf of children and students which address:
- quality early childhood development options
- prevention of under-age substance use
- integration of life skills into the school curriculum
- exposure to the broad spectrum of the arts
- cross-cultural international exchange program opportunities
- initiatives to increase high school completion
- adequate funding for educational programming at all levels
- Promote the Watauga County Schools Spelling Bee and encourage student participation.
- Conduct the Spelling Bee for Grown Ups using the proceeds to fund community educational programs/organizations.