Create and implement programs that will engage the community and university in cooperative dialog and sharing of resources which stimulate business, enhance the quality of life and ignite community spirit in the High Country.
- Create mutually beneficial partnerships among education and business leaders, students, governmental officials, and area residents.
- Promote activities, programs, projects and events that foster understanding and awareness of campus/community connections.
- Increase business owner’s knowledge and understanding of opportunities to be successful in a global marketplace.
- Foster mentoring opportunities for community college and university students in area businesses.
- Support beautification projects of the Town and County that enhance community aesthetic and quality of life.
- Promote business-beneficial ASU programs
- CEO Lecture Series
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Global Opportunities Conference
- Appalachian Community Together (ACT)
- Small Business Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
- Appalachian Enterprise Center
- Family Business Forum
- Web-based community/university information sharing (www.community.appstate.edu
- Sponsor the Wade E. Brown Community Recognition Award honoring individuals who have made significant contributions to the community.
- Sponsor the Award of Merit for Development program, recognizing outstanding commercial development projects that exemplify best building practices.
The Boone Area Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary membership association that serves as the unified voice of the business community. The Chamber of Commerce is not a civic club, charitable organization or affiliated with any municipal or county government.
Rather, the Chamber is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(6) organization. It unites hundreds of companies, professionals, organizations, groups and educational institutions who are committed to build a better community. Clearly, most of our members are small businesses interested in creating and fostering a healthy environment in which to conduct business.
But most importantly, the Chamber is people. People such as you—people who realize that through the Chamber, we can accomplish collectively what no one individual can do alone. The strength of the Chamber lies in attracting a great number of members, thus creating a pool of resources from which to draw ideas, energy and financial support.
Meet our Team
President & CEO
Director of Operations
Chairman of the Board
What We Do – Our Strategic Plan
- Actively participate in enhancing the quality of education in our community.
- Promote stronger alliances and partnerships with regional communities for transportation, economic development and legislative strength.
- Aggressively promote the Boone area to regional, state and national audiences.
- Forge strong relationships with elected officials, state agencies and the General Assembly.
- Encourage consumers to Shop LOCAL
- Membership Marketing Goals
How Can I Help?
View the important role you can play in helping the chamber.