Business Development Plan of Action – Vision
To use member expertise and resources in the support of existing business growth and prosperity and to assist entrepreneurs and companies seeking to expand/relocate to the High Country.
- To initiate programs and services targeted at advancement of small business.
- To participate in community-based business councils to provide value-added local services.
- Regional Workforce Development
- Watauga Economic Development Commission
- Appalachian Enterprise Center
- Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute – Small Business Center
- Town of Boone Planning Commission
- To partner with tourism promotion organizations in the development of the High Country as a major tourism destination(ie. High Country Host and local Tourism Development Authorities).
- To be a referral/distribution/communication source of business-beneficial information.
Sponsor the annual Boone Business EXPO.
Support ‘shop local’ initiatives
Host ‘Wake Up Watauga’ community information presentations
Sponsor community recognition awards
Outstanding Customer Service Program
Business of the Year Award
Alfred Adams Award for Economic Development
Ben Suttle Special Services Award
Sue Wilmoth Award for Tourism Development